Saturday, October 11, 2008

Oh Wow...

So best weekend ever?

First of all, I secured an interview with MetLife in Newark - I'm excited for that. I went to school on Friday and hopped on the R2 to Philly to visit Mike. We had an awesome time! We must have walked 100 blocks between Friday and Saturday - it was good exercise. We went shopping on Walnut Street - Burberry, Armani Exchange, Urban Outfitters, etc. I really liked Urban Outfitters - I will most likely be hitting them up when I get my own place. We headed to Penang in Chinatown for some dinner after we shopped. I got Penang Pad Thai and Mike got Shrimp Lo Mein. We continued to walk around City Hall after dinner. As we were coming up on Broad St., I spotted the very-rare Alpina B7! I was pretty amazed that there are some around here. Mike and I sat down and talked for a while outside of city hall - it was lovely :] We headed up to his apartment after a while to watch American Beauty - it was okay. Just as we were about to fall asleep the FREAKIN fire alarm went off. Grr. We walked a few blocks to pass the time - that was lovely also :] When the fire department allowed us to come in, we fell right asleep.

We woke up and headed to a diner inside the Reading Terminal Market - it was goooood! I had a spinach and mushroom omelet with homefries and homemade apple sauce. After breakfast, we walked to Old City and checked out the Constitution Center, the Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall. Click the picture to see the whole album!


We sat down on a bench outside of Independence Hall to talk and relax. After we got bored, we headed down 4th St. to Fabric Row so Mike could show me some cool fabrics he will be working with. Then we walked down South St. and stopped at two places: this cool vintage clothing store called Retrospect and this AMAZING place called the Magic Garden. Retrospect was totally rad - it was all 80s clothes and accessories for cheap. There was this dark blue Dior sweater that I wanted but I held off - I was proud of myself :D The Magic Garden was just incredible. It was a humongous mosaic project on a random lot on South St. Check out those links above!

We headed back up Broad to Mike's place to chill until dinner. We watched Girl, Interrupted and talked a lot. That boy is crazy! We tried Olive Garden but the wait was too long. We headed to Chinatown and found an INCREDIBLE Japanese restaurant called Mixx Asian Bistro. The food was delicious and the service was fast and friendly - no hiccups. I will definitely be going back there! Well we finally got to the train station and I had to say goodbye to Mike :[ I got really sad but I will see him soon. :] Now I'm chillin - about to get in bed. Night :]

No comments: