Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Got It!

So I finally got it! PC3980 is mine! But it was like a maze trying to get it! Here's the story in brief:

- Had the title overnighted on Monday (to arrive Tuesday)
- Called at noon on Tuesday to check if it got there
- Called the credit union to get the tracking number - sure enough it had arrived at 10:16am at the Wilmington DMV
- Called the DMV back - they gave me a run-around, telling me that they couldn't discuss the title with me, blah blah blah. It was VERY frustrating.
- I had to get the credit union to fax the DMV a letter stating that both my name and the credit union's name was on the title
- It turns out that the STUPID woman at the DMV wrote my name down wrong - she put Joseph, Jordan. Wow. Way to go.

I met Mr. Redding at the DMV and we did the transaction. However, when I went outside to remove my tag, the left screw wouldn't come off. I was with Greg D. and Brent du P. all day so we were all trying to unscrew it but it wouldn't come off. What happened is that the fixture that holds the screw in was broken - the nut inside of the fixture was spinning with the screw but we couldn't get to it. We went to Tom's house to ask his dad's help. He whipped out a little saw and - voila - it was fixed! My old license plate is all severed and bent up - it's a mess. Here's a picture of the new one:


We also saw this on the way back from KOP - incredible sighting!

It's 12:30pm and I'm about to go upstairs and eat "dinner". I have to leave at 1:30pm to meet Krista at St. Anthony's to rehearse from the 4pm service. I also have the 7pm and the 10:30pm services at Hope. Woohoo. I'll see you all soon! Merry Christmas!

No comments: