Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Birth of Hope

Today was inauguration day, a great day in American history. Barack Hussein Obama was sworn in just after 12pm as the first African-American president of the United States and it was a wonderful day of celebration. Here are some pictures from the day. For some reason this is all I can find...



I will post some more in my next post.

Tomorrow I get my new wheel hub for my car and I will be installing it myself. I am so glad to have a nice smooth ride. I just hope that it's only the left hub that's causing the noise...

Today I shipped out my model cars to Mr. C in Argentina. Alvina and I went to the Middletown post office with my three boxes, only to find out that the boxes were too large for an international shipment. We had to purchase six smaller boxes and additional packing tape from USPS - it ended up costing me $650, which is $200 more than I was prepared to spend. I got home, sent Mr. C a copy of the receipt, basically begging him for reimbursement. He is not legally obligated to reimburse me but I think it's only fair, seeing as though he wanted the cars no matter what. I'll also be updating you on that.

Oh well. I'm off to bed soon. Talk to you all soon!

No comments: