Saturday, February 7, 2009

Little Update

Perhaps the most important update is that I failed my first attempt at the Series 6 exam. I missed it by 5 questions! This means a month of waiting, a month without work, and a month without pay. Sucky but it's okay - I'll survive. I sent my score report to Keir and one of the instructors sent me a custom-tailored study guide, focusing in on the areas I did the most poorly in. I suppose I will be retaking the Series 6 around 2/26 or 2/27. More to come on that.

The good news is that after three attempts I finally passed my health insurance exam! I took it at 10am this morning (2/7). I studied for about two hours last night and took several practice exams so I felt extremely prepared. I wouldn't be surprised if I scored a 100% on the actual test. Two down, one to go...

Yesterday I ate lunch with Jean at Cafe Scalessa's on Greenhill Ave. I highly recommend it to anyone that likes authentic Italian food! I had homemade ricotta gnocchi with homemade butter cake. I didn't even know that you could make gnocchi out of ricotta! Ya learn something new everyday! After lunch I took a stroll through Paul's place and saw this tag right outside the shop:

After that I headed up to Greenville and saw this:

I love that blue tag! I am pretty much over black tags. In fact, I put the blue tag on my car; my black tag is hanging on the wall:



And for those of you who want to see my current license plate collection here ya go:

RI - 1942 --- SC Legislator - 1986 --- VT - 1929
PA - 1940 --- DE - 1964? --- PA - 1919


Pennsylvania tags in descending
order of issue from current to ~1970

My Delaware tag collection. Top-right plate is a rare
prototype tag made by 3M as part of a test by DE DMV.
Only a few were issued.

So now it's a waiting game. Now that the insurance tests are complete, I need to study every day in order to pass my Series 6 at the end of February. I am confident that I will pass it; it will just be a lot of work. Talk to you soon!

No comments: